Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Work it out.

The holidays have passed and the new year has arrived. One resolution many people make is to get in shape. Getting the motivation to do it is a totally different story. I'm right there with you. Every year I tell myself that this is the year I will tone my muscles and be able to sprint up a flight of stairs without slowing down to take a breath. If you are getting married in 2009, then use your wedding date as a way to push toward your goal.

I turned to Jaya Krupp a certified personal trainer to give us some ideas on how to get started.
Here is what she had to say;

"Setting an intention is the first step to any life change and it's a great way to start an exercise program. Here are some important questions to ask yourself to help set up your intention.

1. Where do I want to be physically on my wedding day?

2. Where am I now?

3. What will it take to realistically get there?

This is where I can help. It is my job to break down the facts and let you know what is a realistic goal and what it will take to get there. My first step to most people physically is to start walking. 1/2 hour brisk walks. It is a great way to shed some pounds, it's low impact and cheap!"

But if you are like me, you have good intentions to work out but you make excuses. You tell yourself you don't have enough time or you need to get more work done. Whatever the excuse is it's holding you back. I took the step this summer to hire Jaya to give me the motivation I wasn't giving myself. Having a personal trainer has been great! I'm having fun working out, work out harder than I would on my own and have more energy. For me having an appointment set with her made me go. Sometimes it's something as simple as that to get you started.

She has developed some fab wedding packages for you, you and your fiance or you and a bridesmaid. You can find out more info via her website JayaKrupp.com.


0 comments: