Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A new kind of registry.

A few weeks ago I was contacted by Lucas about a new website he created. I get a lot of emails during the week that are trying to sell me the latest and greatest program or product for my business. So, you can imagine I was a bit hesitant. I decided to visit the site and learn more.

What I found was a clean, easy to navigate website for engaged couples to register for personalized gifts. Sounds basic, right? Wrong! What makes his idea so great is that the registry isn't for toasters, towels or pots & pans. Instead it's for the things you really want and would love to have your family and friends help you out with. You can ask any of your vendors to sign up on the site and create a registry for you. For example, a couple of mine could register for different photography products such as a matted album, fine art canvas print or guest signature book.

Why is this idea so great? So many couples live together before they get married and already have all the essential day to day items that are traditional with a wedding registry. They don't need more of the same and rather have help creating the wedding day of their dreams. I've had many couples who have already bought a house together and rather receive a wedding video, fabulous flowers or a photo booth. The options are endless and opens up a whole new way of registering for your big day!

Visit their site for more information at Wedding Registry Direct.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made that kind of wedding registry at myregistry.com -We didn't need a toaster and stuff- we had all that. Instead we picked out a nice sculpture for our home, a fund for our honeymoon, organic bedding, etc. Stuff you really can't just find anywhere. That new site is very cool.