Friday, August 8, 2008

Not all vendors are created equal.

I'm one of the few vendors who are on site for the majority of the day. I get to see everything come together and also work with other vendors. You'd be surprised on how some vendors treat others. To be honest I was a bit shocked that anyone would be rude or snotty to someone they will most likely have to work with again! This is why I started this blog. Because not all vendors are created equal and on your wedding day you certainly want everything to go as planned.  They are your team. Your support system. The backbone of your day. The team that can fix things in a flash such as coming up with other ideas for a ceremony location if it rains or making a new boutonniere for the groomsman who lost his!

The wedding a few weeks back got me thinking more about this. Some of the things I've encountered over the years include the minister not arriving to the ceremony. The bride and groom had to call him and wake him from his nap so he could come and let everything into the church and start the show!  I've seen the zipper break on a dress while the bride was putting it on. Flowers that wilted before the event started and then there was the caterer that didn't want to feed us! Instead we had to run to get pizza so we'd be back in time for the toasts. 

The folks listed on the right side of this blog I have worked with, a number of times and respect how devoted they are to their profession. Not just anyone gets added here folks, I'm picky, as you should be too! Ok, enough of that...I'll have some fun stuff to post next week. Have a good one! 


0 comments: