Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Q & A with Embellish Designs.

Happy April 1st! Finding a wedding gown can be a long process filled with lots of tugging & cinching to get an idea of what it will really look like on you.  If going to shop after shop is not your style, why not try having your gown created for you? I sat down with Terri from Embellish Designs to find out more about the process.

Q: What are some trends you are currently seeing in gowns?

A: "Brides are having fun adding lots of color to their overall look. This can be in the form of a sash, broaches, or bright shoes. More are choosing knee length dresses as well."

Q: If I'm interested in having my gown made, how far in advance should I start the process?

A: "I recommend booking your first appointment at least 6 months before your wedding date."



Q: What are some of the different materials you offer?

A: "I offer many sustainable fabric options, which are becoming more and more popular. Hemp silk, organic linen & organic cotton are used often in creating gowns."

Q: What can I expect to pay for a custom designed gown?

A: "The cost varies depending on your choice of fabric, how many details you have and the overall design concept."

Q: What happens at my first consultation?

A: "You should bring in pictures of styles you like. We'll sit down, chat about your wedding day plans and start sketching out ideas. By the end of the meeting you'll know the cost of your gown. The initial consultation is free, please contact me to make an appointment." 




If you have more questions you'd like to ask Terri, you can contact her via her website Embellish Designs

Images copyright Jasmine Photography

0 comments: