Monday, June 30, 2008

Enjoy yourself.

I hope you made it through the weekend heat. I must say I like it warm, but Saturday was pushing it for me. It was HOT! 

Today's post is some advice from caterer and owner of Sassafras Catering, Tricia. 

Don't try to organize everything yourself, and delegate all that needs to be done on your wedding day. Paying the professionals to do what they do best will save you from feeling stressed and overwhelmed. You want to enjoy this day more than any other, so hand over the reins and let someone else be in charge. 

In you are trying to save money, be very particular about where you cut corners. When making a decision, ask yourself if the end result will create more or less work for you are your guests. I have had experiences where the entire wedding party and friends helped out on the day of the wedding, causing them to be tired and stressed themselves. There's nothing wrong with doing much of the work on your own, but keep in mind that your guests and friends want to be with you and enjoy the day too. 

Most of all, have a blast. It's your day and everyone is there to support you, so in the eyes of others, you can do no wrong! 

This is really simple and good advice. I've also witnessed brides who are the only ones that know where the table place cards go or where the guest book it located and so on. What happens is she has multiple people coming up to her asking where is this? where is that? This leads to stress and anxiety instead of relaxation and fun. I don't know about you, but I'd opt for the last two! I know it's hard for some of us (including me) but when you let go and have others help you, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that they will do a fantastic job. 

0 comments: