Sunday, February 10, 2008

Be Prepared.

It has many names; the wedding day survival kit, the emergency bag,  beauty supplies, the Oh Sh*t something bad just happened-fix it now! supplies.  Whatever you want to call it, you should bring the basics with you while you are getting beautified. It's hard to say how many mis-haps I've encountered during the getting ready stage, but I always remember the moment when the bride says "oh, no I forgot to bring deordorant!", then one of the bridesmaids swoops in to the rescue, "I brought some!".  I always think to myself, now that's a good friend. 

I recommend getting a tote bag to put everything in. If you can keep it sorted & organized, even better. The best, having your maid of honor be in charge of putting together and bringing your emergency kit to your big day.

 Ok. Here's your basics:

  1. toothbrush
  2. kleenex
  3. tampons
  4. lint brush
  5. deodorant
  6. sewing kit with good scissors!
  7. mints or gum
  8. same hairspray as your stylist used.
  9. bobby pins
  10. straws-keeps lipstick looking good while drinking.
  11. pain reliever for headaches
  12. emery boards for broken nails
  13. lotion with a light scent if not wearing perfume, otherwise unscented
  14. floss
  15. same make-up your stylist used. use for touch-ups.
Ok, I would say that hits the basics. Now here are a few other products that might be worth adding to the pile.


The new blister block by Band-Aid in case your new shoes start bothering you. I do recommend wearing your shoes around the house as much as possible before the wedding day to break them in.



This is genius, a portable stain remover. Carry it in your clutch for that moment when Uncle Bob bumps into you and red wine spills on your dress.




If you don't want to deal with bringing your goey tube of toothpaste, I think this is a great subsitute.


These are just some ideas, I'm sure there are tons of other things you could think of to bring. Don't want to deal with finding all that stuff, then go online to Target and order this pre-made box of goodies- search for wedding day survival kit. Just click and order. Beauty survival will arrive in 5-7 days.

0 comments: